"The key to a successful building project is the foundation."- Ike Griggs, owner

About Texas Slab Company

Picture of IkeThe key to a successful building project is the foundation. The key to a good foundation is fair, fast, and experienced quality work, done by someone who takes as much pride in his work as he does his profit margin.

Ike Griggs started in the concrete business in Austin in 1978 with his father in-law, who had been in the concrete business for 20 years. Ike was born and raised in Lampasas, Texas. He graduated from the University of Texas, 1976. Ike started the Texas Slab Company in 1993.  He is a hands on owner, from bidding to billing. 

Picture concrete boat ramp You will work with Ike in all stages of your project, not with a superintendent. Main customers are custom builders whom Ike has worked with for over 20 years. He has had slabs in 5 Parade of Homes in the last 9 years, and has worked with large production builders such as Meritage, Highland homes, and Drees Homes.

Texas Slab Company has fair, competitive prices, and is licensed, bonded, and insured.

Ike Griggs on Pervious Concrete

Stone walking path picturePervious concrete lets the water run through to the ground, and lets you use more of your land for building.  For example, a 10,000 sq. ft. lot, in Austin: you can have 25% impervious cover, (asphalt, concrete).  You can't use the other 75%. 

Austin currently would let you pour 1500 square feet more in pervious concrete, or 15% more of your total land area. I THINK!  They keep changing it!  The Highland Lakes Building Corridor let's you use 90% of total area.  OK, too much information, I just wanted you to understand how important it is if you pay so much for your land and can't use it.

Austin Slab Company Condo Pour on YouTube

Austin Slab Company Pour 2222, Austin, on YouTube

Facebook Video


Our Services

  • Demolition of old concrete
  • Remove/replace existing driveways
  • Decorative concrete: stained, scored, stamped
  • Pool decks
  • Concrete counter tops
  • Custom foundations
  • Small jobs for home owners
  • Remodels
  • Retaining walls
  • Boat ramps
  • Replace concrete patios
  • Lite commercial work
  • Concrete paving
  • Parking lots
  • Mini storage developments

Questions or need information? Click here.